Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Caught A Lite Sneeze"



Caught a lite sneeze, caught a lite breeze
Caught a lightweight lightningseed
Boys on my left side
Boys on my right side
Boys in the middle, and you're not here
I need a big loan from the girl zone

Building
Tumbling down
Didn't know our love was
So small
Couldn't stand it at all
Mr. St. John, just bring your son

My spire is hot
And my cells can't feed
And you still got that Belle dragging your foots
I'm hiding it well, Sister Ernestine
But I still got that Belle dragging my foots

Right on time
You get closer and closer
called my name, but there's no way in
Use that fame
Rent your wife and kids today
Maybe she will, said maybe she will

Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine
Boys on my left side
Boys on my right side
Boys in the middle, and you're not there
Boys in their dresses, and you're not here
I need a big loan from the girl zone

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is one of the best Tori TV specials ever, back when Caton was still around on guitar. This concert is perfect.

Unknown said...

oh, and if you haven't, you should also check out her solo performance of this song with the harpsichord and Caton on guitar from the 96 Pele tour. It is also pretty effing amazing.

Forrest said...

I thought you might not have seen this video, Nathan. I guess you truly are the numero uno fan of Tori Amos, you crazy bastard.

Anonymous said...

I have the whole concert on VHS somewhere. In Fact I have them both on VHS. Too bad I don't have a VCR.

I was having a spring salad this evening with a tasty lemon dressing and I thought of you, smiled, and laughed fondly to myself, making others at the table feel left out.