Monday, December 31, 2007

Stardogs

This holiday season I realized something. Uh...what was it I realized? Well, could it be that I finally had a revelation that christmas has become unnecessarily commercialized? Could it be that I have finally settled on the truth that I really don't like red wines as much as I was telling myself I did. NO!!! It was neither. I'll tell you what I realized:



+





If you don't quite understand what I trying to say here, I'll give you a hint: people sometimes name there pets after things they like. Whoops! I think I let too much out. Anyway, I was outside one morning trying to make a phone call on my cellular phone when my next-door neighbors' dog started to bark at me. The next thing I knew, it was running toward me. But fortunately, the dog's master called it back to herself.

Now this is all very normal. What's so strange about someone stopping their dog from attacking their next-door neighbor? Nothing. However, it was the name my neighbor cried out to beckon her dog that surprised me.

"Starbucks! Come back here! STARBUCKS!!! GET BACK HERE NOW!"

"Wow," I thought to myself. "Do people really name their pets after franchises? I never would have guessed."

This is what I realized this holiday season. If you don't like, I don't care. If you don't care, I don't like it. If there are two boys a boat, one named Pete and the other one Repete, and Pete happens to fall out of the boat, who's left?

No comments: