Saturday, November 04, 2006

I've got a picture---a really cool looking picture. I've got a Jesus picture on the green wall of my bedroom. It's only 6" x 5". It's not very big. It's humble. It's gentle. I like it because the portrayal of Jesus Christ in this picture is not very representational. It has an abstract quality that intensifies the humble posture of His body and the solemn look on His face. It reminds me of how the greatest King is a most majestic servant who refused to open His mouth in the face of accusation and death because of His wonderful love and obedience. Totally left alone, He bore the weight of sin and shame fully upon Himself. It was heavy but He was God. He conquered that hefty burden. He's good. He's the very image of Almighty God, both as fierce as a warrior and gentle as a shepherd.

I really like that Jesus picture on the green wall of my bedroom.

No comments: