Sunday, April 24, 2011

Some Afterthoughts from 2010

I didn't listen to that much new music last year in 2010 because I was so let down from the experience of trying to keep up with new music during 2009. In 2009, I found it to be a trying experience because I was checking out all this new music, yet so much of it wasn't that good. By the end of that year, I didn't even want to think about making a list of the best albums that had come out. That carried over to 2010, a year in which I made almost no effort whatsoever to listen to new music, and doing so was very refreshing.

I think the problem with my 2009 experience was ultimately the obsession (i.e. idolatry) that took place in my life over exploring new, hip music. It was, of course, complicated by the fact that much of that music was disappointing (there were exceptions: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jeremy Enigk, and Tori Amos).

I wanted to throw out a few albums that came out in 2010 that I have listened to now and have really enjoyed.

1) Arcade Fire--The Suburbs












2) Matt Pond PA--The Dark Leaves












3) Stars--The Five Ghosts












4) Interpol--Interpol
 

No comments: