Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When the Cold Gets Old

The weather here in sunny Lubbock is always an interesting subject for me to write about. I feel like I never have anything to say on this poor, malnourished blog. But wait! What's that?! The weather in Lubbock is acting strange again. Oh boy, I have something to write about and thus, give substance to emptycdwallet.

So here's what I've noticed about the weather, lately. For the past 4 or 5 weeks, things have been pretty warm; spring is in the air and you can feel it. By the time Easter rolled around, a quick change in weather occurred. (Because it was so quit, I like to refer to it as a "quickie," because I'm immature.) On the morning of Good Friday, I woke up, stepped outside, and upon feeling the chill of the newly forged cold front, involuntarily thought to myself that I had slept an entire 8 months. "Shit!" I said to myself. How could I have missed so much school...and life? What are people doing these days? Do I still have the same roommates? Are any of my friends now engaged? Do I have a beard and long hair? After feeling my face for the beard that would put Paul Bunyan to shame, I realized such a beard did not exist upon my boyish visage. I was confused. How did I not grow any hair over my 8-month hibernation? In fact, why is it that nobody even tried to wake me up? I was more than confused; I was delusional. At that moment I remembered one of the important things about Lubbock, TX I shouldn't have forgotten—it can get really cold in the spring. We have dust storms for crying out loud. Why should a cold spell in spring be any different.

So after I figured out that a cold front just came during the night of Good Friday, I proceed with my day. I thought to myself, "yeah, that's Lubbock for you."

No comments: