Wednesday, January 03, 2007

sloppy, slovenly sloths

As you may well have noticed, there is now a picture of a sloth on emptycdwallet's sidebar. Don't be disturbed; the more you look at it the less freaked out by it you will be. It is a little bit of a strange picture, but the sloth is very cute.

Personally, I've always liked sloths. They rank in the top three of my favorite kinds of animals. I think most people don't think about them because they're too busy thinking about dogs or cats or midterm papers or court briefs. Yes indeed, the sloth is a forgotten beast, yet it is also a majestic beast, with it's three huge claws on each hand (or is it a paw?) and its dumpy, slow body. I hope this post has increased awareness for sloths. It should. I hope the sloth picture doesn't creep you out too much.

No comments: