Thursday, April 27, 2006

"..."

Last night in the empty apartment room, I stared blankly at a plain white wall. As I stared at it, there was a gentle praise and worship song being played in the background by a skinny man with a skinny guitar. Staring at the wall with music playing, I felt so surreal and thought to myself, "God, it's in the quiet when I'm trying the least to find you that You reveal yourself to me." It's that kind of spiritual bliss that's hard to describe because it seems like it only comes rarely. A quiet moment when any potential utterance, whether verbal or mental, is not allowed to speak. It's not an emotional "thriller." No crying, no laughing, just a daze of silence wear I had nothing to say and even if I did, couldn't. It's surrender. It's me shutting up for once and allowing God to speak---to assure me that He is what this life is about. It's a stillness.

No comments: