Monday, March 20, 2006

This Beautiful Mess


I can't get over this album; it's so good. This Beautiful Mess is probably sixpence none the richer's best album, not to mention that it's one of the best album's under the Christian label (if you really want to hold sixpence to that limitation). It's so beautful because it is so real. In "Love, Salvation, and the Fear of Death," singer Leigh Nash cries "I can't speak in tongues and even if I could, it's nothing because I have not love." Everything is so introspective and self-examined. ("Will I ever know what's wrong with me? Will I ever see your hand again in mine?" ~ "Melting Alone.") I'll admit, there are times when I can simply relate with what this album has to say. There are moments of desperation but never a complete loss of hope. ("Messiah, I know you are near, within without me, holding me" ~ "Within A Room Somewhere") I enjoy every minute of this album, except maybe the song "Disconnect," which I do like, though. My favorite songs are "Love, Salvation, and the Fear of Death", "Within A Room Somewhere", "Bleeding", and "Circle of Error."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love sixpence. they are awesome. i have all their albums, but i would have to say that "beautiful mess" is prolly my least favorite. its' true.

Anonymous said...

hey forrest....i wanna hear this CD that you love so much. i think its strange that you like it so much and yet the two people who commented dont. i wanna hear so i'll know what i think. have a great day friend :) ~holly