Friday, December 30, 2005

doo doo dee dum

Let's see. albums of 2005 that I listened to.
"takk..." - Sigur Ros
"speak for yourself" - Imogen Heap
"guero" - Beck
"self-titled"- Lifehouse

I suppose I should place them in order of how much I liked them. but there wouldn't be much of a change, except Immi might take first and sigur ros second. I'm not certain if I would do this, though.
I know that death cab for cutie came out with "plans" and the bravery came out with their debut album and spoon came out with another album, but I didn't listen to any of these, which I probably should have.

The lifehouse album is okay, but I think that the most solid album they've released is their first one, "no name face." After that, things just started to get boring with them. Oh well, drowning in davy jones' locker is often what happens to many bands that start out with promise. My favorite tracks on this album are "blind," "into the sun," and "walking alone."

"Guero" is just plain fun and the music is pretty solid too, considering its style is more "vato rap" at times than the normal crazy sound beck is known for. My favorite line is on "Que Onda Guero" when Beck says, "Andale, Joto, your popsicle's melting." My favorite tracks are "que onda guero," "missing," "earthquake weather," and "broken drum."

Imogen Heap's voice was as beautiful as ever in "speak for yourself." I'd marry her but she'd probably only want me for my hot body. And I'm of the conviction that you shouldn't marry for the sole reason of sex. Sorry Immi, if you're reading this, it just wouldn't work out between us. You'd be my "suga-mama," and we can't have that. Favorite tracks are "goodnight and go," "have you got it in you?," "hide and seek," "the walk," "just for now," and "the moment I said." Every song on this work is great.

Then there's is "takk..." I really like this album, but I don't think it's nearly as good as their second album "agætis byrjun." Still, it's probably a little easier for the common person to get into than "( )." My favorite tracks are "glosoli, "sæglopur," "gong," "andvari," and "svo hljott."

Happy New Year's Day to you two or three slackers who actually read my blog.

No comments: